Saturday, July 14, 2007

6 Bus Trips, One Day

Today I got my money out of my Ridacard bus pass...

Craigmillar Castle


I hopped on a bus going east and went to Craigmillar Castle, a few miles outside of the city. This castle was where Mary Queen of Scots sheltered after the murder of her friend Rizzio, and also where plans were made to murder Mary's husband, Darnley.

Craigmillar Castle

Top of Craigmillar Castle

The view from Craigmillar Castle
Edinburgh Castle can be seen on the hill to the left. There is one smaller hill next to a larger hill on the right. I believe the smaller one is Arthur's Seat.

Just before it began raining (of course) I got on the bus and headed back to the city.

Botanical Gardens


The gardens were nice and green. The only excitement was that I missed my stop the first time, and ended up in a residential part of town by the sea. I figured it out though, and eventually ended up where I meant to be.

Rock Garden
There was a very nice/large rock garden, emulating plant terrain in the Himilayas.

Funky flowers. I like them.

I had lunch at the cafe, and then headed back into town (once again).

Harry Potter


Met up with some of the international students to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was good. There was a scene or two they rushed through too much. Death shouldn't be a 5 second thing. Afterwards we attempted to find a pub without a cover, which is tricky on a Saturday night...but we found one. It was full of hen parties, lol. Kinda strange, but whatever.

No comments: